Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

25.09.2019 05:14
given the pounding the ligaments Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Andrew Wiggins has an NBA home. Maybe a temporary one. The Cavaliers signed the No. 1 overall draft pick Thursday, a deal that prevents Wiggins from being traded for 30 days. Wiggins, from Vaughan, Ont., has been linked to a possible blockbuster trade with Minnesota for All-Star forward Kevin Love. But any deal now involving Wiggins cant be finalized for at least 30 days. The Cavs and Timberwolves have had talks about a trade involving Love for months, long before Cleveland selected Wiggins, the former Kansas standout, with the first pick in Mays draft. Those discussions have intensified lately, and the sides can still reach an agreement on a trade but nothing can be finalized until late August. Now that Wiggins is under contract, the leagues seldom-used 30-day rule is in effect. It was designed to prevent teams from circumventing salary cap rules. There have been restrictions placed on trading newly signed rookies dating back at least to the 1998-99 collective bargaining agreement. At that time, rookies were lumped in with all free agents into a rule that prevents any newly signed player from being traded for three months or before Dec. 15 of the next season -- whichever is longer. The rule was modified in the 2005 CBA, separating rookie contracts into a different category with the shorter, 30-day timeline between signing date and trade eligibility. The spirit behind the rule is that if a rookie is traded immediately after he signs, it gives the appearance that the acquiring team is the one that is in fact signing him. Clevelands decision to sign Wiggins actually makes it easier to trade him. Before his deal, he had zero value on the salary cap but his contract -- worth $5.5 million -- could allow the Cavs to clear enough room to take on a player like Love, who is sent to earn $15.7 million next season. Minnesota has received offers from other teams, including the Chicago Bulls, who reached out to the Timberwolves this week, according to a person with knowledge of the discussions who requested anonymity because the teams were not publicly commenting on the process. With Wiggins unable to be moved by Cleveland for a month, its possible other teams may approach the Timberwolves to make a run at Love, a double-double machine and arguably the leagues top power forward. Love is entering his final year under contract in Minnesota and has said he does not intend to sign a long-term deal with the Timberwolves. Golden State has also shown interest in the 25-year-old Love. But the Warriors have refused to include guard Klay Thompson in any offer, which has been a deal-breaker for the Timberwolves. Cleveland had been reluctant to include Wiggins in a package for Love, but the team has softened its stance and may be willing to part with the 6-foot-8 forward with the 44-inch vertical leap. The Cavs are interested in bringing in Love to form a "Big 3" with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. That trio would make the Cavs an overwhelming favourite in the Eastern Conference, and potentially put them in position to win the citys first major sports championship since 1964. Cleveland also signed rookie Joe Harris, taken with the first pick (No. 33 overall) of the second round. Harris, who played at West Virginia, averaged 7.8 points in four summer league games in Las Vegas. As the Wiggins-Love situation drags on, the Cavs continue to re-shape their roster. The team is interested in signing free agent Ray Allen, who has spent the past two seasons in Miami with James. On Thursday, the agency representing Allen knocked down a report that the NBAs career 3-pointer leader was leaning toward joining the Cavaliers. Allens agent, Jim Tanner, wrote on his Tandem Sports & Entertainment twitter account that reports Allen "intends to play for the Cavs are unfounded. He has not yet decided if he will play next season or for which team." Nike Air Max Tn Nz . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. Cheap Vapormax China . -- The Tampa Bay Lightning are disappointed, though not discouraged. http://www.airvapormaxnz.com/vapormax-off-white-sale-nz.html. Among the teams moves was trading one of the teams two third round picks, no. 83 overall, to the Chicago Blackhawks for Brandon Bollig, a six-foot-two, 223-pound left-winger who had seven goals, seven assists, and 92 penalty minutes in 82 games last season. Vapormax 95 NZ .C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along. Buy Nike Vapormax Nz . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. TORONTO -- Former UFC champion Georges St-Pierre says his knee surgery went well and the rehab that looms ahead wont impact his decision on whether to return to mixed martial arts competition. The 32-year-old Montreal fighters left knee was operated on Wednesday in Los Angeles. He had reconstructive surgery on the other knee in December 2011. "I climbed Everest once before and Im going to climb it again -- if I want to," St-Pierre told The Canadian Press on Thursday. "Its not a problem for me. . . . Anyway I didnt plan to come back to competition before 2015. "And if I want to come back, when I want to come back, Ill do it again. Ill have all the tools to do it again. Im not going to be less strong or less athletic -- Im going to be just better." "Ill have two bionic knees," he added. St-Pierre (25-2) vacated his 170-pound title in December, saying he needed a break from the sport. He made the announcement just weeks after winning a controversial split decision over Johny (Big Rigg) Hendricks at UFC 167. St-Pierre kept training and tore his anterior cruciate ligament during a recent workout. He was wrestling "a kid" and believes his knee caught in a mat and twisted. "It was like someone hurt his back by tying up his shoes." Both knee operations were done by Los Angeles-based surgeon Neal ElAttrache, who looked after NFL star Tom Bradys knee in 2009. "I believe hes the best in the world," said the fighter. St-Pierre plans to spend the next three months rehabbing in Los Angeles, using the same team as he did for the last operation. While he is on painkillers in the immediate wake of the surgery, he said he was in good spirits. "Perfect timing for me that I get hurt right now," he said. "Thats the way to look at it." He expects to resume training in five months, with full sparringg in six to seven months.dddddddddddd St-Pierre fought 11 months after his first surgery, defeating Carlos (The Natural Born Killer) Condit at UFC 154 in November 2012. His experiences after the first knee surgery will help him, he said. "I know the way now. Its going to be even better. But the thing is you cant go faster than your body heals. I dont want to go too fast." He said the ACL damage in both knees was the same. The former champion believes the damage to his knees was bound to happen, given the pounding the ligaments have taken over the years. "Its like a rope. If you pull the rope every day as hard as you can -- boom, boom, you pull it, pull it, pull it, pull it -- one day its going to break. Its the force of pressure. If you hit a wall at home in the same spot every day when you pass by, at one point youre going to make a hole in it. "And thats what happened with my ACL. Ive been training martial arts since I was nine years old and Im a very explosive guy." He plans to add an expert in the science of mobility to his entourage, to correct his movements -- from running to jumping. "Its never going to happen again," he said. "The pressure will be on my bone and my muscle, not on my ligaments." St-Pierre says he has been told that the vast majority of ACL injuries are preventable. "They happen over the course of time because people do the wrong moves," he said. If or when St-Pierre comes back to the UFC, he will do so as a welterweight. He noted Hendricks, who went on to win the 170-pound title, weighed 215 pounds when the two did their press tour. GSP was 190 pounds. He also reiterated that drug testing in the sport had to improve before he came back. "Its not personal to one fighter," he said. "Its personal to me. Its something that has to be done, I believe." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz