Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

30.09.2019 05:14
coming off a no- decision Antworten

MIAMI -- The Atlanta Braves made themselves at home all weekend at Marlins Park, including when Evan Gattis put a dent in the home run sculpture Sunday. Gattis broke a ninth-inning tie with a two-run homer, newcomer Shae Simmons made another key contribution and Atlanta completed a three-game sweep by beating Miami 4-2. "We played about as good a series as weve played in a while," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. The Braves pulled off the sweep after losing four consecutive games to Boston, and after being swept by the Marlins during a three-game visit to Miami a month ago. "Theyre a good ballclub, and its good to get three wins," Gattis said. Making the sweep even more impressive is the Marlins 20-11 record at Marlins Park. They lead the majors in home victories and made a bid for a ninth-inning comeback Sunday. Simmons, pitching in his second big league game, earned his first career save when he retired Christian Yelich with two on for the final out. Closer Craig Kimbrel was given the day off because of a heavy recent workload. "I got through it," Simmons said. "Im not going to say it wasnt a little intimidating." Simmons also got a key out in his major league debut Saturday. He left town with two game balls and two souvenir lineup cards. "Its kind of surreal," he said. "I dont really feel like its happened. I feel like I wasnt even out there." The series began with the Marlins and Braves tied atop the NL East. Now Miamis three games back. "This was a good test," manager Mike Redmond said. "Believe me, theres a sour taste in all of our mouths." With the score 2-all, Freddie Freeman started the ninth with a single, only his second hit in 36 at-bats this year against Miami. Gattis then hit a 2-0 fastball into the sculpture in distant left-centre field for his 11th homer, and the first this year allowed by Marlins closer Steve Cishek (4-2). "Thats a big home run there, in this ballpark off that reliever," Gonzalez said. "That doesnt happen very often. The matchup there didnt favour us." But Marlins Park seems to bring out the best in the Braves, their visit a month ago notwithstanding. Atlanta is 18-7 in the ballpark since it opened in 2012. Gattis is batting .333 with six homers and 20 RBIs in 18 games at Marlins Park. Hes a fan of the stadium and even the colorful sculpture, which has its share of detractors. "The sculpture? I like it," Gattis said. "I like this park. It has been good to me." Marcell Ozuna hit a two-run homer, his 10th. Those were the only runs allowed by Aaron Harang in 6 2-3 innings, but he remained winless in his past four starts for Atlanta. Alex Wood (5-5) pitched 1 1-3 perfect innings. Miamis Nathan Eovaldi gave up two runs while pitching a season-high eight innings. He has an ERA of 0.75 in five starts against Atlanta since the beginning of 2013. Shaky defence cost Eovaldi an early lead. Jason Heyward hit an RBI single in the third, and then the tying run scored when second baseman Derek Dietrich failed to turn a double play that would have ended the inning. "It was a tough series," Redmond said. "We didnt play our best, we didnt play great defence, we didnt run the bases well. We need to play better, but we know we can play with these guys. Every guy in that clubhouse believes that, but we have some work to do." NOTES: After the game, the Marlins optioned RHP Arquimedes Caminero to Triple-A New Orleans. ... Ozuna made a sliding catch in centre field to rob Chris Johnson of a hit in the seventh. ... Freeman fell to 3 for 24 lifetime against Eovaldi. ... The Marlins open a two-game series at home Monday against Tampa Bay, with Randy Wolf (0-1, 4.50) scheduled to pitch against Alex Cobb (1-2, 2.93). ... The Braves are off Monday and begin a two-game series Tuesday at home against Seattle, with Mike Minor (2-3, 3.41) scheduled to start against Hisashi Iwakuma (3-1, 2.39). Billy Hamilton Jersey . - Vince Wilfork has played only two career games in Kansas City. Jeremy Walker Braves Jersey . But when it was all over they had wasted another lead, seen another pitcher flame out on the mound and lost their fourth straight at home. https://www.cheapbraves.com/813o-peter-m...sey-braves.html. Although head coach Randy Carlyle jokingly wondered how much actual training Bolland got done while in London. "I dont know how much training goes on when you go back to the junior team that you played for so I wouldnt read too much into that," laughed Carlyle after the Maple Leafs were put through an up-tempo practice that concluded with a 10-minute bag skate on Thursday. Chad Sobotka Braves Jersey . -- Packers cornerback Tramon Williams has been fined $26,250 for contact with an official, per NFL guidelines. Josh Donaldson Jersey .Y. -- Mike Zigomaniss goal at 5:53 of the third period stood up as the winner as the Rochester Americans hung on to defeat the visiting Hamilton Bulldogs 3-2 on Saturday in American Hockey League action.(SportsNetwork.com) - After sweeping one division leader, the Blue Jays and RA Dickey are set to kick off a four game set versus another one as Toronto is in Oakland to face Sonny Gray and the Athletics. The Jays dropped three in a row and four of five before sweeping a quick two- game set with the Milwaukee Brewers to cap a nine-game homestand at 5-4. After missing seven straight starts due to a strained left hamstring, Jose Bautista homered in both games of the set versus Milwaukee, while Edwin Encarnacion and Juan Francisco also went deep in Wednesdays 7-4 win. Encarnacions MLB high-tying 26th homer of the campaign was a three-run, walk- off shot. "Were going to have a happy flight," Encarnacion said. Toronto has a one-game lead over Baltimore for first place in the AL East, while Oaklands advantage over the Los Angeles Angels for the top spot in the AL West is at 3 1/2 games. The Athletics were swept in three games by the Detroit Tigers, losing Wednesdays finale 9-3, as they wrapped an eight-game swing with a 4-4 mark. Brandon Moss went 4-for-4 in yesterdays setback, hitting his 19th homer of the campaign and falling a triple shy of the cycle. Coco Crisp also went deep, but starter Jesse Chavez yielded five runs over five-plus innings. "Not only is it frustrating, but Ive been down that path before," Chavez said of his outing. "I think its annoying when you give up two-out hits and youre one out away from a clean inning and getting your lineup back in the dugout.dddddddddddd" Oakland aims to rebound tonight behind Sonny Gray, who is coming off a no- decision at Miami on Saturday. Gray allowed five runs on seven hits and three walks over five innings of work for his shortest outing of the year. It also marked the second time in his past four starts that he yielded five runs in an outing. The 24-year-old righty is 7-3 with a 3.20 ERA on the year and will face the Blue Jays for the second time in his career. Gray lost to them on Aug. 10 of last year, charged with four runs -- two earned -- on four hits and three walks over six frames. The Blue Jays counter with the struggling R.A. Dickey, who has lost three starts in a row and is without a victory since June 4. Dickey was hammered for five runs over six innings of a 5-4 setback to the Chicago White Sox on Friday. Four of the five hits he gave up were homers, though he did fan nine to just one walk. The 39-year-old right-hander is 6-7 with a 4.24 ERA on the year. Dickey is 2-4 lifetime versus the As with a 4.60 ERA in 15 meetings with 11 starts. That includes a victory on May 24, when he gave up two runs over 8 1/3 frames of a 5-2 home victory. Toronto swept that three-game series and won two of three in Oakland a season ago. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz