Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

22.11.2019 02:05
guaranteed this will Antworten

Canadian Jordan Meins career appears to be at a tipping point. Following a vicious first-round destruction of Mike Pyle in August, the Lethbridge, Alta. native stated hed shed the prospect label that hovered over him throughout much of his career. Mein then made it clear in no uncertain terms that big fights were in his future. I want these co-main event spots, these main event spots, the 25-year-old welterweight told reporters at the UFC Fight Night 49 post-fight press conference five months ago. Thats where I belong, Mein now has the opportunity to back up his remarks when he faces former title challenger Thiago Alves on the main card of UFC 183 in Las Vegas Saturday. The headliner will see Anderson Silva return against Nick Diaz. UFC 183 will be available on pay-per-view Saturday, with the preliminary fights airing on TSN4 at 8pm et/5pm pt. Mein said Alves is the perfect opponent for him to stake his claim as a welterweight threat. Yeah, definitely, Mein told UFC.ca during a phone interview Wednesday. Hes had a great name for a long time and its definitely going to be a good win for me. I wish I would have had a co-main event spot or something, but other fights got booked. People wanted to see more (on the card), I guess — and thats what happened. But yeah, Thiagos a great opponent for me. Of course, Mein can keep his momentum rolling in the UFCs 170-pound division, but he also stands to lose footing at the hands of the dangerous Brazilian striker. Though Alves competed for the championship, that was more than five years ago at UFC 100. Since then hes gone 3-3, with his most recent outing being an entertaining unanimous-decision win over Seth Baczynski to cap off a two-year hiatus this past April. Mein admitted a victory may not move him up the official rankings, but stated an emphatic win against a name fighter never goes unnoticed by UFC matchmakers. I dont know if it will really move my ranking if I beat him, Mein said. Hes off the ranking (list) and hed been out (for a while). So Im not too sure as far as my ranking goes, but as far as the UFC sees me, maybe itll change a little bit. It has to be impressive for it to (earn me) a co-main event spot. If not, maybe Im back to where I was. But thats what I want, that co-main event spot and then getting to the main event. I think an impressive win would do that for me. On paper, the fight is a striking fans dream, punctuated by a clash of styles. In the past, Mein has put his boxing to good use, netting impressive wins over Pyle, Dan Miller and Hernani Perpetuo since joining the UFC roster. However, Alves Muay Thai skills have been on full display in victories against Matt Hughes, Josh Koscheck and Karo Parisyan. Though Mein tends not to watch tape on his opponents, he has closely followed Alves career. He said he has a good idea of what to expect when the octagon door shuts. I dont really watch tape on guys, but I have been watching him for so many years, Mein said. So I kind of already know what he looks like — his style and his game plan. Other than that, I just try to perfect my technique, my style and then go forward from there. (He may fight) more flat footed and then I can maybe move around a little bit more. Hes got dangerous leg kicks — that plays against me a little bit. If he kicks my legs, I wont be able to move as well. Thats why its going to be a sweet matchup. I dont know how quick his kicks are. Hes also got good counter strikes. So well see what happens. Mein knows that even if he gets out to an early lead, he cant recklessly pursue Alves. The sole TKO loss on the American Top Team fighters record came against Jon Fitch in 2006 via stunning upkick, a rare finishing technique in the UFC. Mein said Alves is a durable and powerful opponent. I think he likes to counter a lot, Mein stated. As soon as you strike him, hell take a couple to give one back. Im going to keep that in mind so I dont get too carried away trying to exploit something and get caught. Though Mein aspires to reach the upper echelon of the sport, he isnt looking past Alves. At this point, his focus is purely on picking up an impressive win. Once hes done so, he can spend time contemplating his next steps. Mein said fans will be in for a treat Saturday. Fans can expect two guys that really want to finish each other, Mein said. He just had a good, long fight and I just had a quick fight. So I think hes wanting a short fight and I want to keep it that way. Were each going to bring it to one another and try to finish each other. So thats going to happen and the fans are going to love watching it. CATCHING THE MAIN EVENT Regardless of how his fight with Thiago Alves shakes out, Jordan Mein will attempt to race through his post-fight medicals in order to get a good seat for Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz. Though Diaz is considered an underdog going into the bout, Mein said the former Strikeforce welterweight champion shouldnt be counted out. Oh definitely, he said. I definitely want to watch those two. That ones so difficult to call. I like watching both. I like their styles, but theyre so different. Diaz is quite a bit of an underdog, betting-wise. It wouldnt be stupid to put money on him because he could definitely win. If youre betting, I think its a good idea. But to be honest, I have no idea. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Cheap MLB Jerseys . He liked what he saw on Tuesday night. Not only did his team post a comeback 3-2 victory in a shootout over the Montreal Canadiens, but the rival Washington Capitals were beaten 5-1 in Buffalo. https://www.cheapnfljerseysjustwholesale.com/cheap-jerseys. Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice. Authentic NFL Jerseys . According to MMAFighting.com, MacDonald needs an x-ray on his right ankle and doctors clearance to fight or he will be subject to a mandatory medical suspension that will end on August 22, 2014.My near-lifetime of attending football matches kicked off as a five-year-old snotty-nosed kid going to Craven Cottage with my family to watch Fulham play a West Ham team with that famous trio of World Cup winners - Bobby Moore, Martin Peters and Geoff Hurst. And there was travelling up to rural Rotherham in 1981 to watch Chelsea get spanked 6-0 - at a time when this upcoming seasons BPL title favourites were marooned in the bottom half of the second division. We should have heeded the ominous warning before setting out from London, as it was Halloween morning. Ive also had the utmost privilege of attending European and FA Cup Finals. That all said, last Tuesdays U-20 game at Olympic Stadium vaults right into contention as one of my most unforgettable moments inside a football stadium. I attended Tuesdays pivotal group stage game with our U-12 playing daughter. With Canadas team comprised of players the same ages as her two elder sisters, it really bought home to us the profound significance that our hometown was hosting the FIFA U-20 Womens World Cup Finals. By the sheer noise and electric atmosphere, you wouldnt have known there were only 13,000 in the very same stadium that jammed in over 60,000 when David Beckhams LA Galaxy played the Impact in 2012. This was no more apparent than in the 65th minute, when Jeanine Beckie scored the lone goal of the game to send Canada into the quarter-finals and the crowd delirious at the final whistle. That atmosphere wasnt lost on Nichelle Prince. "They were crazy, it was insane - especially with this huge stadium," she told the media post-game. "It was an honour to be able to play in it. The crowd was amazing." As some filed out of the stadium at the final whistle, we stayed behind to fully soak up the on-field celebration and lap of honour. The standout image was when the squad sprinted over to the section that their families sat in. I have no problems admitting this bought a tear to the eye. I could only imagine the immense pride which most have been felt by players and families alike. Think of all those countless hours over many years spent toiling on a training field and football pitch. And what must have coursed through their minds as the reward of a quarter-final at the World Cup now beckoned. It was hard to imagine this was the very same team that, at halftime last Friday in Toronto, looked to be doing their best impression of our U-20s in 2007. That team ended up losing all their group stage matches and werent even able to register a goal in those three matches. Whatever was said at halftime - that inspired Canada to turning round the 0-2 score line against Finland with three unanswered second half ggoals - is truly the stuff of legend.dddddddddddd Coincidentally, last Fridays victory was a day removed from the second anniversary of that glorious London 2012 bronze medal match. Toronto captured and Montreal enraptured. Now the scene shifts to Edmonton for Saturday nightsencounter with Germany - a team which certainly captured the eye in Tuesdays earlier game at Olympic Stadium. The Germans were effortless as they stroked in goal after goal past a hapless and unrecognizable Brazil. Where, I wonder, have we heard that before? Edmonton is sure to evoke and rekindle those extraordinary scenes and memories from the FIFA U-19 Womens World Championship in 2002. That was when, on the back of 10 goals and an MVP performance from Christine Sinclair, the host nation made it all the way to the final. Four Canadians made it onto the All-Star Team. Matched against our best football friends to the south in that final, it seemed we were heading for penalties until eventually becoming unstuck in the second half of extra time - courtesy of a Lindsay Tarpley winner. In doing so, the 2002 U-19 final sowed the seeds for the biggest global rivalry in the womens game. This was on clear display at that now infamous London 2012 semifinal at Old Trafford. Five of those Sinclair goals in 2002 came against England in the quarterfinal at Commonwealth Stadium. A crowd of just over 23,000 was in attendance then. A spike in the box office occurred after Tuesdays North Korea victory, with sales for the Germany quarter final already surpassing the 16,000 mark. So were already guaranteed this will be the largest crowd of Canada 2014 so far. Runners up in 2012 and champions in 2010, Germany - along with the French - are the two standout teams of the tournament. Stopping their trio of goal scorers in Diebritz, Bremer and Pamfil - who have already found the back of the net 11 times in only three matches - is a large part of the task that awaits our ladies. Park the bus, Andrew Oliviera will not. We have a trio of stardust ourselves in Kadeisha Buchanan, Nichelle Prince and Janine Beckie. These players especially have been instrumental in that extraordinary turnaround in our fortunes, since halftime against Finland last Friday. Make no mistake - if we advance, it will be against the odds. Our so-termed 12th Player at Commonwealth Stadium has a significant role to play. If Tuesdays final group stage game provided me with abiding memories, imagine what it could be like at Olympic Stadium in Montreal next Wednesday night. A possible Canada-France semifinal matchup exists. Imagine that for a moment. Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel on Twitter ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz