Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Veranstaltungen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

04.12.2019 03:57
New York Mets. Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburgh Steelers free safety Mike Mitchell has transformed his attitude and his style of play. "Ive adjusted to the new rules changes," Mitchell said Thursday, "and just looked forward to playing clean football and not getting fined this year." After four seasons with the Oakland Raiders and one with the Carolina Panthers, Mitchell is expected to earn a starting role in the Steelers secondary this season. Though Mitchell might have toned down his heavy-hitting ways, he still plans to make an immediate impact in due to his ball-hawking skills. The Steelers had just 10 interceptions last year, 29th in the NFL, while Mitchell had four picks in one season with Carolina. "I guess I made some big plays, but that was just me sticking my toe in the water," Mitchell said. "I expect to make even bigger and better plays this year, and I have a great guy to learn from in Troy Polamalu. . I dont know if Ill be jumping over the centre, but I do plan on taking the ball away." Thats been a major issue in recent years for the Steelers, who havent created more than 20 turnovers in a season since 2010 even as they have remained near the top of the league in yards allowed. Mitchell isnt wasting any time getting settled during the first organized team activities. "I had a great break on a ball today and should have picked it, but A.B. (Antonio Brown) did a good job getting his hands up there," Mitchell said. "I should have brought it down. . Shamarko (Thomas) is leading the way with one pick, but I should have had one, too." Thomas, a fourth-round pick last year, has not been able to get on the field often enough to make the kind of splash plays the team so desperately needs, but expects to have more opportunities this season. "Sure, I want to do a lot more this year," Thomas said. "I have three veteran safeties to learn from in Troy, Mike and Will Allen. Mike, he brings a lot of athleticism to the group, and hes made some great reads on the ball." Mitchell has played for three teams in three seasons, but the six-year NFL veteran believes there are some good points to go with the bad ones. "Its bad, because Ive had to leave some good friends behind," said Mitchell, who turns 27 next month. "But its good, because Ive been able to have a lot of different experiences, playing for different coaches and different schemes. Thats why this transition . Coach (Dick) LeBeaus defence isnt easy, but Ive actually picked it up fairly well." Mitchell believes playing in so many different defensive systems may actually be to his advantage. "In Oakland, I felt like I played for three different teams in four years, because we were always changing head coaches," Mitchell said. "So, learning a new scheme is nothing thats too different for me. I think that Ive handled it well. (And) I made a couple plays this week, but theres many more to be made." NOTES: The Steelers signed CB Shaquille Richardson from Arizona, their fifth-round pick, and have five of nine draft choices under contract. ... The top four picks are still unsigned, though they should come into the fold soon. Pittsburgh will free up $8 million in cap space when the March release of linebacker LaMarr Woodley officially hits the books. ... The club signed two players Thursday and released two. They signed rookie free agent offensive lineman Emmanuel McCray and claimed cornerback Deion Belue off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. ... To make room on the roster, the Steelers released offensive linemen Nik Embernate and Kaycee Ike. Dave Philley Jersey . -- Chris Tillman paid no attention to the Baltimore bullpen as it started to stir in the ninth inning. Cal Ripken Jr. Jersey .com) - Klay Thompson is quickly proving he is worth every penny of his recently signed four-year contract extension. https://www.cheaporioles.com/548i-jim-th...ey-orioles.html. On Wednesday night, they showed that stellar defence and a little small ball can get the job done too. With pinch-runner Kevin Pillar aboard after Dioner Navarro opened the bottom of the ninth with a single, Anthony Gose dropped down an excellent bunt along the first-base line. Eric Hanhold Jersey . Still, Milan remained five points behind city rival Inter Milan in the race for fifth place and the final Europa League berth, after Inter beat 10-man Parma 2-0. Meanwhile, Paul Pogba led the way as Juventus stayed on course for a third consecutive title with a 1-0 win over relegation-threatened Bologna. Jonathan Villar Jersey . The Jets have now won three straight at home and four of the last five at the MTS Centre. After a scoreless first period, Brad Marchand scored his first goal in eight games eight seconds into the second.WASHINGTON -- The Washington Nationals placed Gio Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list Sunday because of inflammation in his pitching shoulder. This is the first time the 28-year-old left-hander has gone on the disabled list. Gonzalez (3-4) dropped his third straight start in Saturdays 5-2 loss to the New York Mets. He lasted only three innings, allowing five runs and seven hits, which raised his ERA to 4.62. Gonzalez gave up seven runs and nine hits in his previous start at Oakland. General manager Mike Rizzo said Gonzalez had an MRI on Sunday in which dye is injected. He will not be able to throw for five days. "Hell miss two starts," Rizzo said of the initial plan. "Well find out whats going in (Gonzalezs shoulder) and take it from there." The Nationals recalled Ryan Mattheus from Triple-A Syracuse. Gonzalez left a start in late April because of shoulder tightness. "He passed a strength test. Combined having a little soreness (Saturday) with a little soreness a month ago, we thought this was a prudent way to do it," Rizzo said before Sundays series finale with the New York Mets. Gonzalez side-stepped questions about his heealth Saturday, but spoke with Rizzo following his latest loss.dddddddddddd. "I dont have a great concern level for it right now just because the way Gio said he felt after the game," Rizzo said. Gonzalez lost command of the strike zone Saturday, falling behind in the count and throwing 84 pitches in three innings. "I thought he looked fine," said Rizzo about whether he saw an injured pitcher on the mound. "His arm speed was good. His spin was fine. As good as its always been on his breaking ball. His fastball velocity was good. The command part of it, which sometimes comes and goes with Gio anyway, was the thing that was causing him an issue." Gonzalez went 32-16 during his first two seasons with the Nationals after a trade with the Oakland As. He made at least 32 starts in each of his previous four seasons. "Hes a big key to the ball club," Rizzo said. "Wed like to get him back. Were going to take our time with him and be careful with him because hes vital to the ball club." Mattheus has 140 career appearances with the Nationals, including two this season. He has not allowed a run in three innings. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz